• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
ahh it was a fight between sony and compaq in my mind. compaq and sony are both kewl in different ways i guess.

When i look at a notebook, I look at both the warranty and reseller support on that notebook too.

HP - Excellent Value for money. Really good incentive for both the end user and the reseller. Eg. This month Free iPAQ or OFFICE SBE to the ender with some models.
The reseller gets a $40 kick back from HP some other models.
Don't ask me which models are getting the $40 kick back
But is currently lacking in there Tech Support, Sales Support and Reseller Support ever since they out sorced it India last year.
I spoke personally with on of the HP big wigs last week at this product launch. He is trying to get an Australian Reseller Support Call Center up so at least the HP Resellers do not have to put up with the incompotence of india. Unfortunatly, this project has need knocked back again for this quarter that he will try again next quarter.

Compaq- Effectively HP Now. I would not touch the Persarios.

Sony- I really do not like the way Sony Treats the reseller market. Unless you are a Mass Merchant or a Sony Store, they will give you pricing that will make you very uncompetative. Classic example is the Sony Playstation. We got some in just before christmas, 1 week later EB Games and a lot of the other Mass Merchants have dropped the price. And so far, I have yet to receive any comment back from my Sony rep about the subject.

IBM- Good Quality Notebooks. Overpriced RRP that leave little room for margin. Ie. I am selling a $2000 notebook computer and i am expected just to make $50. Not interested.

Toshiba - Excellent quality notebooks with a low fault return ratio. And at a price that is slightly more expencive than the HP.
I do feel that Toshiba as been cutting corners on the R&D as of late. Especially in the Mass Merchant areas where Toshiba has been offering the same notebook with a desktop CPU instead of a Mobile.
Toshiba also annoys me when they give the mass merchants an exclusive model with out giving the smaller resellers a competative subsitute. (Unlike HP)

NEC - Excellent Value for money now that they have brought there RRPs down. Nec does seem to advertised a lot of notebooks on thier website, and yet I can only get my hands on about a dozen of them. Getting spare parts is picky.

Acer - Their 4 hour repair or replace policy is a rather pretty sticker to have on your notebook. (that is about it)
They are trying to compete directly with DELL. There N10 PDA is really cool and excellent value for money. Pitty that every one seems to over look it. Good Reseller Support.

BlackmanOne said:
I'm wondering you guys, if you had to pick one of the store-bought pc computers, what would you all pick and why?

I know custom computers are better, but for average computer users who only upgrade things like RAM and Video Cards...which are the best out of a bad lot?

Excluding Dell please. I mean ones you can walk into a Best Buy, and take home.

Average computer users shoudl either buy dell's (not realy upgradeable though) or get professional consult(from me for example :D) in composing a system for their needs.

There are many shops that provide assistance in building a PERSONAL Computer, instead of selling the most expensive hardware to whoever is unlucky enuf to walk in....

get a dell. i say this because all those other manufactures like HP, etc aren't that great. they dont give you the cd's to re-install things etc. i had an hp and reformated it and didn't have the video card driver on cd so i had to pay $90 just for the cd. where as dell, you can download any driver/ update for free and for the exact model you have. plus they're more reliable in my opinion. and they will replace anything that doesn't work for free as long as your warrenty is still active.

The Merlin said:
ROFL:p :D Didn't even notice that, hehehehe:D

Lol! another thing you didn't notice is in your sig. The P4 3.06 Processor runs at 533 MHz FSB not 800 MHz.
-Target

STORE BOUGHT PCS ARE CRAP RATHER CUSTOMISE YOUR PC IT WILL BE CHEAPER AND FASTER. IF I REALLY HAD TO BUY A PREBUILT PC I WOULD GET A SONY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom