Forgot Username and Password for Windows XP,

Status
Not open for further replies.

shorak

Solid State Member
Yes, i admit i am pretty dumb, but i need help.

I need to get back into the computor or at least create another admin account.

Or find the old username and password of my admin account for windows xp?

what would i do then? if i cant acccess the computor, would you mean download the program onto a disc?

Yes download Austrumi it is a Linux Operating system and from there you can "hack" into Windows and reset the admin account.

Remember hacking is exploring technology in search to further ones knowladge and should not be confused with cracking.

sorry, im relatively new to computors, i downloaded the file, and i opened it, and inside it were more files, nothing which seemed to do much after i initialized the program, what should i do? thanks a ton :)

unless... i should just upload the whole file to a disk and then put it into my other computor, boot from that disc, and it should work?

Just a side note, if you have access to at least one user account on the machine you can use the command prompt to change the password of any user account without having to know it in the first place,

just type "net users" (without the quotes) and windows will show you a list of users then just type "net user administrator 12345" where 12345 is the new password for the account. You can replace the name administrator with the name of any other account you need to modify. This should work on most configurations unless it has been disabled by your administrator as it is in most cooperate environments as you might have guessed.

I would also suggest creating a password protected secondary admin account so you can bale yourself out in the future if this should ever happen again, just don't forget THAT password, make it something you'll remember. My relatives lock themselves out all the time and it only takes a few seconds to get them back up and running using the second admin account.

-GrayWolf

did anyone mention booting into safe mode (f8 at startup) then logging in as the admin.. and deleteing the other acounts password...

unless the administrative password was already set...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom