Estimates on prices I could get for my PC's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Lihp

Baseband Member
Hi guys :cool:

I'm thinking of selling my two computers in order to put towards a computer upgrade. But before I make any decisions I want to know what you all think i could get for selling my current computers.

So I have 2 computers...

First System:

AMD Athlon XP 3200+ - with Gigabyte 3D Cooler GT
1GB DDR400 Geil RAM
360GB Total Hard Disk space ( 1x 200GB SATA150 8mb cache 7200, 1x 160GB ATA133 8mb cache 7200.)
GeForce 6600GT 128mb (AGP)
DVD Drive
"Cool Drive 4"
400W PSU
In this case:
GlobalWin_GAT001_fullpic.jpg

With 22" iiyama CRT Flat Screen Monitor
(i'd be keeping the mouse, keyboards and speakers for this one.)

I'm guessing I can sell this for about £500-£600

My second system:
- AMD Athlon XP 2600+
- 512MB DDR400 RAM
- 120GB Hard Disk (16mb cache, 7200rpm)
- GeForce 5700 256mb Graphics (AGP)
- 400W PSU
- CDRW Drive
- DVDRW Drive
- Floppy Drive
Again would keep mouse and keyboard.
2x 15" CRT beige monitors (Dual Display)
In this case:
casunb8004b3.jpg

I'm hoping for about £400 here.

Are my estimates realistic? If so this is going to leave me about £1000 to buy a new computer.

Cheers :)

The monitor is worth £150 on ebay (I just brought one for £46 as I was the only serious bidder.)

But Seriously you are asking more than retail of the parts for the systems. I think about £700 for the lot.

I'd say maybe $1000 (US$) for both setups. Take a look around ebay for systems that are similar and see what they go for.

Trifid said:
The monitor is worth £150 on ebay (I just brought one for £46 as I was the only serious bidder.)
:eek: My 22"? crikey, I would have thought that would have been worth quite a bit. Obviously not...

No more than $749 for the first, no more than $649 for the second.

Yeah that probably sounds about right...

Well I'll think about it, and if I decide to buy a new computer with it i'll let you guys know!

By the way, whilst i'm here...
Which is better...
an AMD 64 bit Dual Core 4800+
or
the AMD FX 57?

I know that not many things at the moment support dual core, which would make the FX a better option, but would the FX be over done by the Dual Core in the future? I know there is a slight variation in price... I just want to know which is the best on the whole.

And i've heared about the AM2 sockets due to come out in June... is it worth waiting for?

Why are you getting socket A stuff? It is going to be hard to find them and you will be paying more than you get back. That athlon xp 3200+ could cost around $200. For that price you could get a an athlon 64 3500+. I'd say under $700 for the first rig and under $550 for the second one.

Lord Lihp said:
:eek: My 22"? crikey,

lol - crikey o' reilly... bloomin' aders... they're tryin' to rip off a blood brit these days ah?

sorry... lol... a friend of mine is english and says that stuff all the time... Crikey!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom