I need more ram for bf2 but tight budget....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if you arn't going to OC I would get the OCZ because it has lowest timings.

The timings basically tell you how many cycles are needed for the RAM to do something. Lower is better. Definately get the OCZ, especially because of the awsome price.

Vybuni said:
Only the high end motherboards do.

My ECS s939 motherboard supported it... That thing was FAR from high end. My MSI K8N Neo4-F supports it, but it downclocks to 333 speeds.

Ryan

I decided to go with the patriots, I just cant fork over 220$ right now and I dont think I need to have awsome ram to get enough performance to run high settings. After all, ive been happy with 333 until now so imo, i prob wouldnt even notice a dif between ocz and patriots. Anyways, thanks for the advice :)

i dont think it was the ram limiting ur high settings, and weather u get cas 2 or 3 or 4 wont matter u wotn even see a 5fps gain on cas4 to cas 2 is a waste of money, get value ram. value ram and overclockable are the same stock, they differ in that ocable is ocable that is. get value ram.

Well, just to give you guys an update, I got the patriot sticks and the difference is simply amazing. Im getting constant 30+ fps in bf2 with everything on high at 1280x1024 while in the past it was unplayable. Fixed all of my probs ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom