No boot screen- windows xp (pt2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oz13

Solid State Member
http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10805

I had posted that thread a while ago and was told that it shouldn't be a problem. It wasn't for a while but now when i restart my computer i get nothing my monitor is blinking to no end- and im forced to shut off the comp for about 5 minutes for it to start up. However i still get no BIOS! Also even when i start up the computer in the morning the monitor doesn't synch until the second step of the bios. It skips the first

so im wondering if there is maybe something im missing in the windows power options, the windows system properties, or if this has anything to do with windows at all.

all my hardware is fairly new - im not even sure which piece would cause this problem

plz help...

Check your bios and flash it. See if thats the problem. If thats not i would check the mobo and then windows.
Do you hear any bios code at all?
you might want to check ur sound and video connections make sure all cables are tight and secure with no cuts or rips

yea i have upgraded the bios in order to see if that would fix it- did nothing.

all the cables seem fine as i can see no rips everything firmly into place

the only beep i hear is when i first turn it on in the morning that signifies everything is in working order.

I think there is a hardware compatability list (HCL) that you might check your hardware against. Also make sure all of your pci cards and cables are seated properly.

Everything in those departments are fine- this wasnt a problem when i first installed the computer everything was in working order.

a friend of mine had recommended that it could be the cmos battery so im going to check it out tomorrow or the following day-I'll keep everybody posted-

thanks for the replies Im just seeing if anybody else comes up with an idea that I perhaps didn't think off. So please if anybody else thinks of something please post. I don't want this problem to gradually get worse as it seems its doing

sounds like your windows is corrupt or your hard drive has bad sectors. try a friends h/d in your comp, if it works its one of those too things if not it must be the mobo.

Figure out what kind of BIOS you have and do a POST test on it then go to the web site that your BIOS is (award or phoenix) the web site is www.award.com and they have your beep codes and error that will tell you if there is some thing wrong with your MOBO

Ok now im really think I'm running down to final options. I did a scandisk- didn't work, tried changing the battery that didn't work, there are no beep errors - I wish i had somebody h/d to test out but the truth is i don't -

so i guess im left with reinstalling windows

but i am still willing to hear anymore suggestions if anybody has any- and thanks for all your replies so far.

ok... this a late response but the problem has been resolved thanks to you guys who suggested solutions

Problem- it all came down to the monitor- it finally died on me today can't believe it - it was fairly new

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom