amd or pentium?

Status
Not open for further replies.

guy101

Baseband Member
i was just wondering which AMD would be equal to the pentium 2.4?
and if i will save money if i get the AMD?

Speaking in terms of money, the 2.4 is comparable to a Barton 3000+. However in terms of perfomance... I dunno. My guess would be that the Barton 2600+ could probably compete. But thats based purely on a guess.

As for a motherboard thats a very open ended question. Is money a factor? Size? Specs?

I recently got a 3200+ on a ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe. I would recommend that to anyone.

would an AMD XP 2400+ be any good?
i was thinking about $150 - $200 AU$ for the MoBo probably with built in video and audio, ethernet, usb 2.0 i dont really know what else

Almost ANY amd processor is worth the money in my opinion. I have a p4 on one of my computers, AMD on the other. Running the same applications and games, the 2800+ kicks the crap outta my 2.6 Gig.

hey thanks for the help im going to get an AMD XP 2800+ but still deciding on the MoBo, i have a couple of boards im choosing out of

that might be sweet, IF you HAVE around $2000 to spend, but most people do not have near that amount to spend on a computer. that is what my car will cost me (more like 3k but close to 2k)
all i can say about the Mobo is go with Asus or Abit ive also heard gigabyte is a good Mobo manufacturer too. but make sure you get the Nforce chipset.

in terms of speed, maybe, but in terms of money, you are really ininformed/stupid if you buy a P4 2.4 Ghz since for that same price you can get a processor that is much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom