Good gaming harddrive

Status
Not open for further replies.

StylingPaT

Baseband Member
I'm thinking about purchasing a second harddrive, one to store my OS and video games and such on. I want a really quick one. What do you guys think about the Western Digital Raptors?

They are nice I have 2 36gb ones in raid. However to be completely honest I would say it's not really worth it, the speed is barely noticable from a regular hard drives in video games. The only difference is that games load slightly faster. If I were to redo my rig I'd just get a 250 gb western digital or seagate, no need for raptors really.

Not enough Giga Bytes. Only 73 and if you were to buy one atleast get 2 of them, 73 GB isn't going to store you much. As shawn said go with a 250 GB hard drive, Maybe Seagate (There buying off WesternDigital) 7900.9 (9th Generation) might give you a boost as well!

you do realise there is a 150gb raptor right? it's just incredibly expensive. in my opinion a raptor is a worthwhile investment if you can't stand load times. i have a single 36gb that i put my favourite games (BF2, HL2, CSS and FEAR) on and any significant software like photshop. absolutely kills loadtimes in games and for software.

nitestick said:
you do realise there is a 150gb raptor right? it's just incredibly expensive. in my opinion a raptor is a worthwhile investment if you can't stand load times. i have a single 36gb that i put my favourite games (BF2, HL2, CSS and FEAR) on and any significant software like photshop. absolutely kills loadtimes in games and for software.

Thats what I want to do. Store my games on it, and then buy maybe a 120gb or something for the rest of my stuff.

That's the idea, use the raptors for games and intensive software and the larger but slower HD's for storage for movies, music and photos. Personally, I'd just buy a raptor since I'd only be gaming and I only have about 500 songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom