Need Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sakot_tijir

Solid State Member
Alright here is the deal. I have a computer that I wanted to completely clean out and install Windows XP Home Edition. It was originally XP Professional but there was so much trash on the computer that I wanted to re-install the OS but I wanted to do Home instead of Professional. Anyway, I insert the XP Cds into the drive and they restore the PC to the Home Edition OS. Well, after I take them out and it says press any key to reboot the computer. I do this and at THIS POINT the computer's cd tray is supposed to close automatically. It has done that on all the computers that I have used the disks on. On this one it doesn't. Also, back when Professional was still on ths computer, you could go to the My Computer folder and click into it and all you would see is the C Drive and the A Drive. On the computer I am on now and every other computer I've been on, it has a C, A, D, and an E. The problem is now though, that since I restored XP to Home and rebooted it, it brings up that screen about Windows has started wrong and needs to reboot, then it gives you the options reboot in safe mode, reboot in safe mode with networking, reboot to last known good configuration and start windows normally. I have tried all of the options and I can't get it to start. When you click the Start Windows Normally option, however, you get this thing that says insert the Windows Utility Disk 3.0 or something like that and press R to repair files damage or missing or something. I'm not sure on the exact wording of the message but that happens everytime. And if you try and reboot the computer it only loops to the same screens. I have also tried just rebooting the the XP again but that didn't work as it just made me go into another loop with the options screen again. I need Help! I need XP Home edition to work and I need the cd drives to work too, how I can achieve this goal? Please!

~Sako~

It sounds as if the install didnt go correct. The install of XP Home was corrupt somehow and didnt install correctly. Are you using XP Home that came with the PC by any chance?

the xp disks I'm using came from the computer company that made my computer, emachines. They are the restore disks. Do I need to dl the other disks or something?

Maybe since they are just restore discs you cant do a full install of XP with them. They are just meant to be recovery for a major problem. Not as a full install. Unless the discs say that they are XP Full Install you wont be able to AFAIK.

yeah, thats basically what I started thinking. I decided to just dl the full xp installs and try it that way using Nero. We'll find out though, this is a sucky *** problem lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom