"Concept" PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not so sure about that 003. Condensation occurs when you have a item that is colder than it's environment. Since the PC would be inside the fridge/freezer, the temp of the components would actually be higher than the temperature of the surroundings, leaving no risk on condensation. Same basic concept as putting your PC out during a snowstorm.

But thats just me. Sounds like it should work, but I wouldn't know.

Well, there is water vapor in the air, and when it is cooled via-refrigeration, it virtually skips the liquid stage and becomes frozen water particles. From that point, they have momentum behind them coming out of the cooling unit and when they hit the warmer components, may melt. This is a possibility...

Ryan

Well, I'm assuming that the PC would be turned off and the side taken off before being put in the fridge (I'm thinking a fridge, freezer would get much colder). That way, all the particles that might freeze would do so without harm to the PC. Also, I've never seen ice particles in my fridge. I'm assuming it doesn't get below 0°C in there, so I don't think any freezing would be an issue.

Although you're right in saying that when you take the PC out, condensation would occur. But again, I'm assuming that the PC would be turned off, therefore causing no damage to components.

OR, we could just cover the whole motherboard in Dielectric grease, or AS5 or something, like those DICE and LN2 users do.

oh! See, I was making the assumption we were putting the computer in the freezer... I think someone brought an icebox up earlier in the thread.

Ryan

Hmm, well, I think its still arguable if ice would damage the PC. For example, what if you turned off the PC, and allowed all the H2O on the air to freeze. When only N2 or CO2 were left, you could turn on the PC without any damage due to electrical short circuit.

I still say we dip the whole thing in some AS5.

its nothing related to freezing comp or oil cooling..but..i have an idea.
someone should make a computer fan w/ like hepa filter on it. so it works as air cleaner also.
cuz i just bought an air cleaner and and its basically fans w/ hepa hilter and ionized electronics.
99% or computers have fans so y not clean the room air while using comp?

Flanker said:
I still say we dip the whole thing in some AS5.
AS5 also conducts electricity. There is even a warning about that on thier website. And if you put the PC in the freezer, the parts like the CPU and stuff would heat up, and there is "frozen" mist inside freezers, and when that hits the heated up parts, it melts and turns to water, or condensation if you want to call it that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom