Quick Opteron Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

hednik

Baseband Member
No wI know that most Mobo companies dont have the fact that support Opterons in there specs other than the server boards. Is there anyway to tell if a mobo will support the Opteron possibly with a bios update? This is going to be my comp project so I am hoping that my options for mobos isnt limited. Ive looked on DFI site and it doesnt say that the Opterons are supported by their boards. Thanks for any info you can provide. :)

Well, I don't know any written documents telling you that they'll work, but they will. They don't list them as okay processors to use because they will void the warrenty. They'll work.

Ryan

Ah thanks lol, Thanks for the info. I had ordered a mobo and was scared that it wouldnt support it after I changed my mind on processors. Should get everything in a few days. Ill post how it all came out

Sorry one last question. Ive been reading as like all processors, the manufacturer may put the same name plate on a procesor but not all of them the produce are the same. i.e. not every 3800+ is equal some may OC more and perform better. I knwo the same is with the 146 as the CABNE and CABYE are supposedly the best to get. Question is, is there anyway to knwo which one you will get or is it really just a crpa shoot from Newegg?

crap shoot. They don't let you pick, and stores that let you browse through all of the processors on a shelf of some sort are rare.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom