Difficult MOBO Choice!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol...as you can tell, the ASUS premium was a horrible choice. I'm going to go with the guys and say DFI. Don't be an idiot and grab 4 gigs of ram...that will make your comp slower. 2 very speedy sticks should do just fine. If you get into overclocking later on, make sure you look into the 64 Opterons.

Ok guys, I like to read the customer reviews at newegg, but the problem is that there is no board that i like that actually didn't fail a single customer. Right now I am leaning towards DFI, but the MSI doesn't sound bad either. How far will MSI overclock in comparison to DFI? Is DFI like 10 times better or is it just a minor difference?

So, if i want to overclock, I go DFI. If I don't I go MSI or another brand of stable mobos. I think, I am gonna go DFI, because I have the 3700+ San Diego Processor, and I don't want to waste it by having it running on standard. Is it worth it, to buy the more expensive DFI board that supports dual core, in case i want to upgrade?

just created a computer using the DFI board. everything went smooth except for the whole memory problem ^^ evidently using the ram i have with tthis board doesnt exactly work liek everything else....had to switch ram to slots 2 and 4, instead of 1 and 3 for the OS to install without errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom