Wireless Mouse Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Crunk

In Runtime
I just installed a new keyboard and mouse. The keyboard works fine but the mouse is acting up. The computer recognizes it and the buttons and scroll wheel all work. When i try to move the cursor sometimes, it will start acting "shaky" and go to the top left of the screen on its own. I tried taking out the batteries and re-linking the mouse to the transmitter but it keeps doing the same thing. There is no interference, i am within my 3ft. radius of the transmitter, and it still does this. Can someone please help?

Transmitter location

It sounds like you have it away from the tower and monitor,if so try The Control Panel/mouse options.I had to set my dclik to 0 to make it faster.

It sounds crazy but my mouse would act as you described if it were being used on a certain pattern book or piece of paper. I found it works best on a drab background like a table top.

Is it infrared?

Do you use a long life energy saving light bulb in your computer room. Those light bulk will interfer with all infrared from time to time.

Causes all sorts of havoc with my home cinima set up.

it is infrared, but i dont have one of those light bulbs....thanx for the info though

Yes

2Crunk said:
when you say dclick, do you mean double click speed?

But what is a good example of "what is a problem"?
It might be as simple as a new mousepad.If it's optical then try it without one.

2Crunk said:
it is infrared, but i dont have one of those light bulbs....thanx for the info though

Yeah.... I was having a few site with a problem (as well as my home entertainment system doing strange things.) It was not until a freind told me to remove the long life light bulk that my problems where then solved.

But I now i have my new toy.... infrared jammer. Only $10 from JayCar. I ONZ THE TV ROOM!!!!

I am glad that you fix your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom