WinXp User Profile Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

preet2u

Daemon Poster
One of my machine's is used by 3 people .. So i had 3 user profiles on it ..

2 of which are limited user accounts without any passwords .. the third one is my account with administrative rights n' with a password

This evening when i got back from work n' tried logging in .. it did not accept my password n' the Numpad key's were not workin'
I restarted the machine .. n' now i don't see my profile pic toc click on to log in
Instead it displays an account called Administrator ...which is the default admin account.

I add add the missing user back ..'coz it says the account already exists. i tried everythin' i could ... My system restore was turned off .. so that's not a possiblility ..

Somebody plz gimme some answers .. i got alot of data in this account ..
It's drivin' me nuts Grrrrrrrrr.........:angry:

Go into Control Panel>System>Advanced (tab)...click Settings under User Profiles and check to see if you see your Profile. The user profile is the same as going to C:\Documents and Settings\username\.... inside that folder is your profile. You can create another username (login as that user) and (under a administrator account) copy/paste your old profile into the newly created folder (username). If you don't understand this process then I advise you not to do this because if you do something wrong you can lose your entire profile! Let us know what happens!

Note: You can also copy your profile under the User Profile settings. Whichever you might feel comfortable with.

Other that what was said all i can offer is hack your own systme. Because if its on your machine you should be able to get it out with a brute force attack. You have to know what your doing though.

zilantyas .. I had already tried doing that ... the strange thing that happens is ..when i create any new account with admin rights ..it's there only until the next reboot ... If i reboot the machine then even that account is gone .. thought the profile files in documents and settings are still present..

XT ... I don't hafta do that .. i do have access to the machine thru the administrator account ... The only data .. i might have a problem revoring would be my mailbox etc..

Herez how my logon screen looks now .. the password protected account seems to be pulling off a dissappearing act

is that really Longhorn, or did you get a new logon screen?
stupid question, Longhorn hasn't come out yet.
is this XP Home or Pro, and do you have SP1 and/or SP1a installed?

No it's not Longhorn ..it's just the logon screen .. It's Xp pro ..with SP1 ..with all updates applied ...

The system is updated in all ways ..includin' virus defs ..etc..

This is the first time i've ever run into this kinda a problem ..
I'm in the system integration business ..n' so far i've nevr come across this problem ...

OLrite ...pepole .. i figured it out finallly ,,,, :D

For some strange reason XP had locked out that account .. N' this was somethin' i didn't know..that the Profile is not display on the logon screen if the account was locked out ...

I had to unlock the account ..n' now it's up n' running ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom