Problems already...

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay i just did 1mb on 2.4 ghz and overclocked ddr 433 ram... my time was 35 seconds.. i don't feel like waiting half an hour for the 32 mb... i'll try that some other time -_-

1:24 for 2 mb.... hrmm, i'm guessing i'm not supposed to be running anything else while i'm doing thins.. because i'm running aim and looking at newegg....

okay so i guess i have 2 choices... i'm a gamer so whatever you guys think would be best.. cuz i'm trying to save some money here... need to help the parents round the place... and get my graduation announcements...

so back the original 2 gigs of patriot ram pc3200

or just go for 1 gig of higher clocked ram, whatever you would say is better for my situation i guess? either way, i don't see it as being a bad thing

well in california, its a bit on the cold side, around here,as for my room temps no idea, any know what it is in southern california right now??? well if you're having any doubts i have a picture

i dunno, maybe the tube that came with it has great cooling, its hooked up to 2 120 mm fans

c261291d.jpg

and here are pictures of my build, well this is before it was running, the my friend still has the pics i took yesterday, i'm waiting for him to upload them (its his camera)

tower4.jpg

Look at that crap compaq....
tower2.jpg

tower3.jpg

tower1.jpg

and here is the magical tube i was talking about
installation-big2.jpg

ok, that does look fairly efficient. sorry i didn't take into account that its winter for the northern hemisphere :) because its summer here. when i think california i think warm-hot and it's just 20 degrees c seems mighty low unless you have liquid or better cooling. the temp would have to be below 20 degrees in your room for that to be an accurate reading.

ya, it usually is hot here, right now is a bit odd for weather.. i havent seen this opteron under stress yet, still no gaming or any other heavy processing, and when the weather goes back to normal i'll give more details on everything, this isnt regular weather, so i'll wait for the average temps before i go overclocking crazy....

all my friends agreed though, the air its pushing out is extremely cold... it gives me chills because i sit next to it...

ya, i think thats the ones apokalipse showed me... its really very tempting, and i know i'd be able to keep 2.8 ghz stable with those.... i have until friday to decide, i should have a lil bit over 400 to spend... so i'll have 200 bucks left over.... i guess buying a new hard drive can wait... and before anyone says anything, i'm only getting a new hard drive because this is the one from my compaq, and of course its going back into it, because i'm going to sell it for 420 dollars to a friend, to buy more stuff for this computer!

alright! i got my pc3200 *compaq* ram clocked at ddr433 and i ran super pi 2mb and got about 1:40.. its been running all night with windows media player and aim and seems alright, i still have it running now (i'm at school) and hopefully its doing all right.. i'll try the 32mb soon enough...

anywho i guess my question is how do i check my ram temps.. how do i know my rams doin okay? my fsb is at 250.. so i'm running 2.5 ghz, could i try to up the ram again, to try and get higher clock speeds? i havent tried fsb 260 yet.. soon enough though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom