FEAR sounds glitches

Status
Not open for further replies.

woot7800GT

Daemon Poster
I've got a strange problem; In FEAR, I can't hear when people are talking on the radio (like the FEAR coordinator guy or anyone with a com-link) I also can't hear the little slo-mo sound when I go into slo-mo mode. Anyone else having these problems? I've tinkered with all the settings in the sound options menu. And yes, I have downloaded the update. Any suggestions?

Yeah, I updated the drivers, didn't help. Another thing: I'll have iTunes running in the backround and as soon as I start FEAR, I can't hear my music playing in iTunes. Also I can't hear the main menu "music" or the opening logo sounds on FEAR. I'm gonna sweep for spyware/ viruses and clean up the registry, if I still can't fix it I guess I'll reinstall FEAR.

I reinstalled FEAR and am STILL HAVING THE PROBLEMS!!

I'm thinking it might be soundcard related so I tried to switch to onboard by disabling the Soundblaster Audidgy 2 driver and enabling the Microsoft UAA Function driver, but under "status" it says it can't find the hardware device. What's going on? How can I enable my onboard sound?

Nevermind, just needed a reboot. I got the onboard sound working and that fixed the issue in FEAR. I suspect EAX issues with my Audigy 2, although I find it strange that it worked fine for so long and suddenly this problem occured. Oh well, I've been wanting an X-FI so this may be a good excuse. I guess I'll stick with onboard until then.

BAH!!!

I thought I had it fixed, but now it just acts like a 2.1 system although I specified 5.1 in windows. When I'm watching a movie or listening to music, the sound only comes through the left, right, and sub. I have everything plugged in right... This is ridiculous. I need a new soundcard ASAP. I'm gonna go back to the soundcard since I had LESS problems with that then with the onboard. I'll be back in 10 minutes to rant and rave some more. :mad:

Tried messing with "software sounds"... didn't help.:angry:

I guess I'll just get a new sound card sometime soon. Maybe at the same time I get my new HDD.

woot7800GT said:
Another thing: I'll have iTunes running in the backround and as soon as I start FEAR, I can't hear my music playing in iTunes.

Turn off iTunes, thats probably your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom