AMD vs. Intel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't say anything that you're not sure about. We have specs on the Conroe, but not any info on it's overclockability.

everyone i see the word conroe i want to read "canoe" which clashes a bit with tech wouldn't you say?

I recall reading a sticky thread in the OC section saying Pentiums OC better I'll re read it and post a link and yes the new Processors are supposed to be able to do more per pulse than AMD by how much I can't say.

Tyler1989 said:
I recall reading a sticky thread in the OC section saying Pentiums OC better I'll re read it and post a link and yes the new Processors are supposed to be able to do more per pulse than AMD by how much I can't say.

Pentium 4s DO overclock better than Athlon 64s, but only under extreme cooling. The architecture allows for 100% overclocking, but under normal cooling conditions, a Prescott gets so hot that it can barely make it past 4GHz, and thats if its lucky.

As for the clockspeeds, a 1.8GHz Conroe = 1.9GHz Athlon 64. Not too much difference there, but a 2.4GHz Conroe ($315) WILL beat a 2.4Ghz Athlon 64 X2 4800+ ($670).

intel pentium ee 955 can OC up to 1GHz because of 65nm tech on stock which is tough to beat. but its crazy expensive. so out of the question for mid gaming. but thats the proc im thinking of

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom