Sound blaster live 5.1 digital
xfx 6800
golden orb cpu cooler(yesssssss)

complete system after i sell my p8ntball gunz:

dual evga 7800gts in sli
Hiper 580 watt ps
2 gig sticks of OCZ platinum
AMD 4200 dual core
either Abit Fatal1ty An8 sli(no1 has it in stock), Asus a8n32, or DFI Lanparty nf4 sli expert
Thermaltake Soprano Case w/ window
160 gig western digital IDE

eventually danger den water cooling system for graphics cards, cpu, and ram, then overclock it to **** and back

anyone have any suggestions?i have my mind set on the 7800gts so dont try to make me change my mind on those, im competing with my idiotic friend who spend 1800 dollars from some pc company and has dual 6800s, and if i can build my rig for less than 1800 he owes me, and i will win!

First of all, the 7900 series is literally just about to come out, it will be here in march. Then we will know what is better, the ATI X1900 series or the nvidia 7900 series. I'm betting on the 7900. Either way, it would be a waste to get a 7800gtx sli setup right now when the 7900 series is just about to come out, and the x1900 series is already out at a reasonable price, and it whoops the crap out of the 7800 series. SO I would wait. Also, I would get an opteron 165 cpu, it has double the cache of the 4200+, it's dual core, it's socket 939, and it's basicly guaranteed to overclock to 2.6ghz, but most likely higher. The Asus an832 is currently the absolute top of the line socket 939 nvidia board out right now, so if you want sli, get that, but like I said, wait for the 7900.

Hes getting those Asus dual GPU 7800GTS i bet. Not a GTX. If you go DFI then dont get the Expert as it has many problems w/ it. On the watercooling you dont need to watercool your ram. Just get a fan and let it blow on the chips to cool it off. Also w/ those cards (being exspensive as ****) i doubt for a system like that it would cost less than 1800.

Investing crazy ammounts of money into a 7800-based system at this point and time is a foolish thing to do. I misread, he is getting two evga 7800gt's, not gtx. well either way, he should still wait for the 7900gt.

recent news on next gen cards:
http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=94059

I personally am waiting for the G80/R600, because I already have a 7800gt.

but dual 7800gts are around $500 right now, and every minute i buy something over $20(geeeeeeeeeeez) i have to convince my mom, and when the 7900s come out theyll probably be hella expensive at first, and i dont really want to wait a couple months for the price to drop

i forgot all about my paintball gun...i should sell that thing....*sigh* or should I? I don't ever use it..its worth mad money...

i recommend gettin a 6800gs and waiting then cuz its a really good bang for your buck card and can play most games on high

i just sold my tippmann 98 sniper fo 200 on ebay, sellin my pirhana storm mako w/ all this random shizz fo another 200, dual core processor here i come!

R1C0CH3T said:
Alright here's what i have so far:
Hiper 580 watt power supply
some generic case i painted glossy black
cd drive
2 256 kingston hyper x ram
Sound blaster live 5.1 digital
xfx 6800
golden orb cpu cooler(yesssssss)

complete system after i sell my p8ntball gunz:

dual evga 7800gts in sli
Hiper 580 watt ps
2 gig sticks of OCZ platinum
AMD 4200 dual core
either Abit Fatal1ty An8 sli(no1 has it in stock), Asus a8n32, or DFI Lanparty nf4 sli expert

eventually danger den water cooling system for graphics cards, cpu, and ram, then overclock it to **** and back

anyone have any suggestions?i have my mind set on the 7800gts so dont try to make me change my mind on those, im competing with my idiotic friend who spend 1800 dollars from some pc company and has dual 6800s, and if i can build my rig for less than 1800 he owes me, and i will win!

That's almost identicial to what am getting!,
Am getting
nVidia 7900 GTX
2x 512 Kingston gaming mermory
AMD dual core 4200+
A8N-SLi
250 .9 Hard disk forgot the brand lol but its good
20" Monitor
and some 5.1 logitech speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.