Problems deleting a folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoto512

Baseband Member
Hi People,

Two things

1) I'm having problems deleting a folder from my hard disk. It's not hidden, doesn't have any restrictions on it (such as read-only access). It's just a basic folder. When I try to delete it, I get an error to the the effect "problem reading from disk". It's my secondary drive, I've deleted everything from it except this empty directory. I want to get rid of it - it's annoying! Is it possible that I have a defective sector on my drive?

2) I am using my secondary drive to back up my primary drive. I just want to be able to "copy and paste" the data from C: drive to F: drive. Is there any easy way of doing this? (Copy and paste results in errors due to attempts at copying system files...I want it to bypass these files.)

Any help greatly appreciated.

Kyoto

If you have deleted everything from that drive I would assume you want it empty. Just issue a format command on it and that will take care of it :) Just to into My Computer, right click on the drive, then FORMAT. That should fix you up. I would not normally, reccomend this but since you dont have anything on it what they heck..

As for your 2nd question are you wanting to boot off of this drive simply by copying and pasting? If you are that wont work. If you are simply backing up the data then we can do it from the recovery console. If you want it to be your bootable OS I would try a disk cloning program such as Norton Ghost or Acronis True Image.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom