Why do YOU go Microsoft??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulti_DOOM

In Runtime
is there any particular reson why people go microsoft? personaly i hate anything MS because of its instabity and never ending security leaks. Does anybody know a detiled comparison between MS and other programs/OS's on top of that what is your reson for using a MS based program/OS??

if i`m honest, probably ignorance and the fact most times when you buy a pc or laptop it comes pre installed with windows.

what do you use? linux?

I use a Modified version of XP a group of my mates (haxor$) made... its really the only MS based software i have. I think that its because its all that most people know how to use eg- when you in school what do you use?? MS. and the schools wont go with anybody else beacause of the sweet deals they get.

We learned mac in school but i would like to learn linux. i dont have a box that i can spare to put a distro on and dont wanna dual boot. i hate m1cro$oft but yet im using it... i have read a buncha stuff on linux and i wanna definitely try it when i get another machine... maybe since it is more secure, stable, and efficient i wouldnt bother spending that much on a new computer but i want the best i can afford...hmmm decisions

I use MS windows only for the gaming. I try to avoid MS products in general if i have a choice. eg: Openoffice vs MS office.

maybe you would want a version os my M$ windows... security of a military installation - compaitbility of.... wel anything.

MS is supported
MS is easy to use
MS had less bugs than Linux based from the 2005 Security reports

This is why people use it. Not everyone is smart enough to use a Linux, they do not want to waste their software investments, though Linux is quickly fixed there are still many bugs in it.

you obviously dont like ms given your icon Tyler1989, and im not directly compairing to Linux, but to all alterrnatives. And true that it had less bug but did you know OSX has only had 2 known worms since its initial release?
http://weblog.infoworld.com/securityadviser/archives/2006/02/first_mac_os_x.html

MS has done pretty darn well fending off the tens of thousands of viruses directed at its OS...but still are people willing to sacrifice security for compatibility?

I'm actually very involved in MS but I do not like the way they handle everything. Mac OSX is based off of UNIX. Linux is also based off of UNIX and had more bugs reported than Windows in 2005 though they were fixed faster. When compatibility is so bad that you cannot use your software, access the internet, or have sound yes I do say it matters as not everyone is smart enough to enable it with in a UNIX based OS this includes Macs and Linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom