Building New Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

john3

Banned
K guys im sorta or quite a n00b and would be my first time building a computer, although i have experience upgrading the hardware ( if that helps).

Budget: $3000 MAX!

Computer Use: Gaming, Power

so far im thinking of the following parts:
-Kingwin - Arctic Liquid Cooler - Self-Contained CPU and VGA Liquid Cooling System

-Thermaltake Silver Armor Aluminum Full-Tower ATX Case with 11 External Drive Bays, Clear Side, Front USB, Firewire and Audio Ports

-Geil Dual Channel 2048MB PC5400 DDR2 667MHz Memory (2 x 1024MB)

-Asus A8N-SLI NVIDIA Socket 939 ATX Motherboard and an AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ 2.40GHz Processor

-Seagate / 250GB / 7200 / 8MB /S-ATA-150 / Hard Drive with NCQ

By all means tell me wat u think of these and anything i shuold reconsider or recommend other parts i still dont have. I will not be needing to purchase speakers/sound card/ mouse/keyboard/

Keep the case

Get an Opteron 175 (overclock to 2.75)

Get 2GB OCZ DDR500 (you can't use ddr2 w/ AMD yet)

Motherboard DFI SLI DR Expert

X1900XTX or wait for the 7900GTX

EXOS 2 water cooling

4GB of IRAM for the Page file

1 Raptor X (150GB 10,000RPM)

NEC DVD RW 3550A

Creative X-FI sound card

Antec truepower 2 550w or OCZ powerstream 520w

i changed the GEil Ram to DDR lol. forgot to mentiont hat. IRAM? im a noob.

Im not so sure i wanna switch the motherboard im pretty satisfied with the one i picked, unless you can explain to me in english why its better lol....i dunno computer lang.

The DFI board should support sata. also, the DFI boad goes really well with OCZ ram and is well known for being a very good oc'ing board.

ya def a DC opty 175 with that budget. but am2 will be out june 6th so dont ignore that if your pouring 3gs into this build. and G80 cores (7900gtx) is a huuuge YES!

IRAM is a board that is powered by a PCI slot. You can plug in normal 1GB memory sticks (system memory) and it will act as a hard drive through SATA.

It will make your computer fly when uses the page file (you must set it up as a page file first).

Hoky crap, with $3K you can buy almost anyhting you want these days for a PC. May I suggest a 24" LCD TV, or maybe dual 19"s, I love my dual 19" setup.

guys this is Canadian Dollars lol

K i am a n00b i need help picking out form the very beginning.......guys if you could help me out it would be much appreciated.

Can u guys help me?

The motherboard i would like to be ASUS, i hear its very good for ocing, but u guys no more so go ahead and suggest any. I also want one with PCI, PCIe4, PCIe16, and possible PCIe1, dun give a **** bout AGP ( do they still make motherboards with agp? ) 4 Ram Slots. and thats about all that matters to me. oh and SATA compatible i guess. wouldnt mind one if its on fan

CPU i would like to be AMD because i hear its best for gaming which im going to do. i guess at least 2.4 GHz is fine. Dual core preferably
with its own fan

Im thinking of getting 7800 gtx but i dunno which companies to get, i dun wanna go past $600 for the card though.

Im probably gonna get 19 or 18" dual monitors, and 1 of them will definitely be less than 8ms.

Hard drive not big deal.

Cooling. well the case it self comes with 2, 7800s come with their own fan right?

And i have a question about Powersupplies...... Since the case holds so many expansion bays and power supplies power wat? 5? maybe 6? hardware at most. Is it possible to get 2 power supplies? does it make performance less or? like does the motherboard have to have 2 places for 20/24 pin cables?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom