Finally upgrading my Dell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrZucchiniHead

Daemon Poster
I finally get to upgrade my dell so it wont be a dell anymore. im gonna buy a new mobo, 6600GT, and a new case that dosent say dell(finally).
Im still gonna be using the olf Hard Drive, CD/DVD-ROM drive, half the old RAM, the floppy drive, the monitor, the speakers, and the olf Fx5500 only as a back up card. so here's my what my new setup is gonna be.

Rosewill R213A case 30$
ECS 648FX-A2 mobo 40$
EVGA 6600GT 120$
Another 512mb Kingston value RAM(20$ at Circuit city)
Same intel P4 1.8ghz (hopefully a very small amount of overclocking)
40gb western digital caviar IDE hard drive
Samsung 52x 32x 52x CD-RW/DVD-ROM drive
onboard sound
Backup Fx5500 PCI video card (hopefully i never have to go back to this)

Well what do you think, i like it just because its not a dell and it has more than PCI slots.

The CPU will hold you back badly. Save your money and build a new PC.

I don't think $190 warrents the upgrade from a 5900 to a 6600gt. This is just my opinion, but it seems like you'll be tossing these parts out later and be out $190.

Ryan

FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
I don't think $190 warrents the upgrade from a 5900 to a 6600gt. This is just my opinion, but it seems like you'll be tossing these parts out later and be out $190.

Ryan

well it wont be my computer anymore so these parts will last until its thrown out bacause in about 4 months from now it will be a PC for just general use, like internet, e-mailing, burning cd's, downloading music, and nothing that requires a high end pc.

What I'm saying is that it'll be able to do all that as a Dell. The other stuff is just for video card upgrade and overclocking. You don't need those kind of features for multimedia. I have a P3 800 running right now that does the internet and CD burning just fine.

Ryan

Well i still need something that will last me the next 4 months and run oblivion (hopefully my CPU overclocked can handle it the minimun is 2.0ghz) and i want to play F.E.A.R. on a little better than low settings and my brother deserves a better comp then what i have now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom