AMD vs. Intel

Status
Not open for further replies.
get an athlon x2. AMD will beat Intel hand down for gaming.

gh fsb(im guessing this is why they are supposed to be soo much better than the Intels?

no AMD is better because it can execute an instruction a **** of a lot faster than an Intel. so basically it can do the same amount of work at a much lower frequency, raise that frequency then it just gets even better.

Dual Core is useless for gaming at the moment, though I'm sure once Vista and DX10 comes out and we start getting more next gen games the transition will be apon us, so hold it out for a while. Don't want to bother buying a new system now when you can save up until then and have the best machine out there.

nitestick said:
get an athlon x2. AMD will beat Intel hand down for gaming.

no AMD is better because it can execute an instruction a **** of a lot faster than an Intel. so basically it can do the same amount of work at a much lower frequency, raise that frequency then it just gets even better.
The new Intels apear to be more efficiant than the Athlon and the AM2 per clock pulse.

Yup yup. Merom (Mobile), Conroe (Desktop), and Woodcrest (Server). Merom and Conroe have Single Core and Dual Core versions, and the Woodcrest is a Quad-Core Server processor. They're blurring the difference between Single and Dual Core. The price won't be ridiculously high for a Dual Core compared to a Single Core either. 2.13Ghz Single Core - $200-ish while a 2.4GHz Dual Core - $315. So, blurring the line there.

hmmmm

Are the new intels supposed to be as good as the current dualcore AMX? because if they are about the same speed and same price i will probably go amd becuase i wont have to wait, but if the new intels are faster maybe it would be better to wait. hmmm. ill have think about this.

The overclocking ability of an AMD dual core is tough to beat...

i think the intels might overclock just fine, so long as they don't generate as much heat as the P4 Prescotts do. AMD has always sorta been the overclocking king, and im gonna say that they will remain on that throne for some time to come

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom