Dual display

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redeemer

Beta member
Hi,

I want to do the dual monitor thing - two monitors with an extended desktop. I bought a low budget graphics card (Hercules 64MB) for $45.00 - and the thing is driving me nuts - its the fiddiest thing ever. The drivers don't load properly - the mouse prompt keeps changing to wierd little hourglass thing and I can't get the updated drivers off the website to work! When i do get everything working - it gives me 2 screens of stripes after about 45 minutes. -

So I get it - I got what i paid for! Now , sadder but wiser - I ask, what card should I get? I realize that I'm going to have to pony up a few more sheckels, but I don't want to morgage the cottage to get a decent card. all I want to do is to have a stable extended desktop so I can run my audio sequencer on one screen and tweek with the plug-in effects on the second screen. It doesn't have to be the fastest or greatest next-new-thing, just a decent card for the lowest price. any suggestion or recomendations?

Also, could someone explain to me the tech terms for dual display?

what is the differnce between dual display support and multiple display support?

how do you hook up two monitors that only have one VGA input?
(the Hercules had 2 VGA inputs - this is the reason I bought it - at least I understood what to do) is there other things I have to buy to make a card like the Radeon (which claims it has multiple display technology - but only one VGA input) to work?

Thanks in advance
RF~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom