What the..?? Why can't I burn my DVD?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fully Optimized
I need to back up 4.14GB of data, and I have these HP dvd+r 8x writeable DVD discs, and they have always worked great in the past, and I have always used nero. I have Nero 6 ultra edition. Anyway, I open nero express and select new data disc, and the screen where you add all your files comes up, so I drag in all my files successfully. Then I hit next, and I hit next, name my disc, set all the right settings, etc.. then I hit next and get to the burning screen. A box pops up that says the data I have selected is to large to be burned to a CD, and it askes if I would like to burn it to a dvd instead. This is what it has always done, and I just press ok and it always has worked. But not this time. I press ok and then this comes up (click to enlarge):

What the f*ck?? What have I done differently? I thought that mabey I was trying to burn to much data, so as a test I tried doing it over and just burning a 450kb file. I got the same thing. Then I tried another disc because I thought the disc might be bad, but I still got the same thing. What the f*ck is going on here?? I really need to burn these files!!

EDIT:
In the screenshot where it says "disc type in recorder: empty", that is not an error, it did say dvd+r but then it automatically ejected the disc. So it does recognize them.

Are you sure that has DVD writing capabilities? Some of those Nero disks that come with your cd drive dont have this.

Yes I'm sure. I've used it to burn these exact dvd's with nero before. This is the drive I have:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16827131351
I know it has a really bad rating but thats because there are tons of people that didn't check to see if their motherboard supports sata optical drives, mine does. Also I'm pretty sure some kid got that drive and it didnt work and so he just submitted tons and tons of bad reviews. Because if you look at the reviews, most of them are 4 or 5 star.

What?? You have to select DVD to burn a DVD? I never had to do that before, hold on. Let me see if this works. If it dosn't, I'll post a screenshot.

EDIT:
It works now. I feel like an idiot :(

Yes I did. It confused me because I never had to do that before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom