Single vs. Dual

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive often felt the same way but who knows..I can't afford to be on the cutting edge. I'm just a teenager with a plan to build a nicer gaming rig. I dont really care as long as i can play doom 3 and hl2 with 80 fps. :p

you know what, you guys are right, i could get a dual core now but then by the time all the dual core games come out mine will be bottom line. I think ill change my order up and get that 3700+ i was looking at. also shaves off 100 bucks off my order, so now im back down around 1600. thanks a ton guys

eeeeek I starting to abandon the idea of my opty 165 dc.... I think I like the ease of buying a 150 and oc it to 3GHz in the blink of eye with a HTT of 250 and multi of 12x. Someone correct me if im wrong in my thinking. A 3GHz single core would be better than a DC 2.75GHz for the next few years as far as gaming? Would I notice a huge difference in a 250mhz increase? would it be more valuable than the dual core?

hahahahah oops! didn't read that EXACT part sorry. lol. I thought i'd throw in some specifics...I was content on my dc but on another post i discovered the whole mem oc deal was confusing so i thought i might reconsider for a single high multi...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom