PC inactive, need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

lev2323

In Runtime
I left my house, PC still running and when I came back an hour later, the monitor was on standby. But when I moved the mouse, nothing happened. The PC was still running. I restarted, and still no signal on the monitor. Also, I noticed that my keyboard LED backlights were not coming on as well, which meant that it was not making it through the POST process. Those backlights come on and off during the startup process (USB keyboard). I reseated the ram and the video card, as well as cleared the BIOS with no luck. I am really stuck on this one, I am beginning to think the mobo went out, but I am confused as the PC was still running when I returned. It has been running fine and nothing was odd when I left. Help please! Specs in sig.

EDIT: The OC specs in my sig were not active at the time. I run stock speeds on everything and have for over a year, I only OCed to see what it could do and dropped it back down.

EDIT2: I went to switch my keyboard over to my GFs PC in order to see if the keyboard was even still active and her's suddenly restarted. It at first would start up, but restart itself after a few seconds. After turning it off, and then restarting, the keyboard would light on her rig but, now the monitor was not recieving a signal as well.

I am beginning to think this may be a virus, but I have never heard of one like this. My PC will still not light my keyboard, but the motherboard is not producing any errors.

Bump...

Pretty sure my PC, the one in the sig, has at least the GFX card bonked. The mobo also looks borked cause the USB port wouldnt work (USB keyboard). On her's, looks like the GFX card is the only issue. So I have two broke GFX cards and one broke mobo. I am still boggled as to how this happened in the same night.

Thats some wierd stuff. It sounds like the keyboard i shorting out something, although ive never heard of this before. You shouldent have had both computers with the same virus unless ther networked.

They are networked but other PCs on the network are unaffected. The keyboard isn't shorting out anything because it works on other PCs. So I think it is the mobo and the video card in one and the video card in the other.

Shamless bump...

anyone else have any ideas? I don't have a spare vid card to see if the mobos are cuplrit or not. I feel like I have tried everything to my knowlegde, but it never hurts to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom