A Networking Issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henry_Vcg_

Beta member
Hi, i'm new to the forums and i'm posting about an issue that has come up on my network, I appreciate any help.

Basicly I have 2 computers both connected to a router which has my internet connected to it.

Everything was running smooth because I had no need for a network but I decided to use it for some file sharing.

I used the microsoft wizard but the settings have not turned out as I would have hoped. It seems that my older computer is the host and the login to an account at startup is just plain bugging me!

Is there anyway I can revert to nothing, nada. In sense wipe both computers network settings, so they are simply connected to my router?

Also how might I set my computer as the host on my router? I use a netgear, if this is a stupid question i'm sorry but i'm not very experienced in networking.

Thanks again for any reply.

I was hoping to have no network connections to the other computer. I don't need to have network access to the machine. At the moment the two computers are connecting through my router.

My original setup was no network with the computers sharing internet through the router.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom