few questions(windows linux)

Status
Not open for further replies.

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
1 does windows xp has more than one valid key per CD?

2 if yes can i just buy a new license instead of ordering the whole package?( i have a backup copy of a valid retail XP disk from my last PC)

3 i really want to use linux but my last experience was horrible (no support,no software,no drivers, no winamp...)
did linuxget better how close is it to windows as far as usability and support these days?

4 can i run windows software under linux?

ps:(just some of my opinions on windows)
why i wanna use linux?
because if enough people use linux the companies start supporting linux more and more people will get it and it will break microsoft's monopoly overtime and lower the OS prices hopefully.

because right now microsoft basically owns everybody with a PC(and MAC owns the rest of people with exceptions of linux people and few others)
if u think that MS dont own u and u using windows then why do they implement all those licensing tricks? becaus they know they wont loose customers theres no other choice.
thats why they made it illegal to sell your copy of windows, because they can (you paid for licence why cant u sell it?)

actually did anybody wonder how much of your HD space is wasted for all different kinds of licences and restrictions and copyright code and software agreements in windows?

4. Yes using something like WINE, but not all programs work and program preformance can suffer.

so basically i can call microsoft and ask them where i can buy a licence and they will tell me without investigation of where and how and why i got this cd from?

is it cheaper to buy a licence alone than whole package?

raverx3m said:
is it cheaper to buy a licence alone than whole package?
no, if you have more than one computer, you'll have to buy 1 copy for each. that's why they have volume licensing

the original serial on a w1nxp.home can be used a few times
but are you saying that if u purchase a license (key) it can be used only once? ive done the whole online verification for the same key a few times so... not criticising, just explain... :)

yes u can use the original serial a few times on that same machine but what i was tryin to say was that only one license per machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom