cpu pins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it true some guy told me that i have bent cpu pins now my pc can heat up the cpu while its on melt the pins and break a pin and destroy my computer.

no its not true

Bent pins will only either brake your CPU or do nothing at all. The CPU doesnt get hot enough to melt the metal in the pins and the heatsink should keep your cpu under 60c.

i took out my cpu last night to look at it and one of the pins looks like a total zigazag the others are banana shape ,i guess its ok its working ;) thanks for the reply's guys

You took it out again?! Learn your lesson already, just leave it be please :).
waynejkruse10 said:
no its not true
Bent pins will only either brake your CPU or do nothing at all.

Incorrect, the cpu can royally ****, and the pins don't have to be broken. They bend a tiny bit the wrong way and it can screw it for good.

Incorrect, the cpu can royally ****, and the pins don't have to be broken. They bend a tiny bit the wrong way and it can screw it for good

What do you mean by that??i dont get it heh

allright ill leave my cpu alone next time ill touch it is when
i need to clean heatsink or something but till then lets GAME !!!! lol

IGeMex said:
Incorrect, the cpu can royally ****, and the pins don't have to be broken. They bend a tiny bit the wrong way and it can screw it for good.

huh? that's what he said. it'll either break or not. he didn't say the pins would break. he said bent pins can break the cpu or it'll be just fine.

umm...no.

If the pins are a little but bent the cpu simply wont go into the socket so the user will take out the cpu and corrent the bent pins with whatever method he pleases. Bent pins cannot break a cpu, broken pins can unless it was a pin that wasnt used.

The only way a bent pin can brake a cpu if it touches another pin and the cpu was forced into the socket and the computer was turned on.

oh ok then so my cpu is fine then even tho it hase 15bent pins banana shape and 1 zigzag pin haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom