Parts compatability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saucz

Baseband Member
My friend is trying to build his first pc. I keep telling him that as long as you do your research a little bit and buy parts that fit ie. pc3200 ram for pc3200 mobo he should be fine. He keeps saying that the last time he built a computer (6 years ago) parts compatability was a big issue. He doesn't think i'm competent since i've only built 1 previous pc. Can i get this verified by the experts so he doesn't drive himself nuts wondering if the parts will work together. By the way, you guys will help me win a free dinner and the i told you so pride :p

Well anything marked with a socket 939 CPU will work witha 939 mobo same with every CPU socket. Pc3200 RAM will work in a Pc2100 or 2700 slot it will just slow it down. any PCI-E card will work in a PCI-E slot. same with original PCI and anything marked "place anyting here" will match up to the same thing on the mobo.....

.......and your friend is retarted

He just needs to make sure all of the sockets/slots are compatable with the part. ie. 184-pin DDR RAM goes in a 184-pin DDR slot, 16x PCI-E cards go in 16X PCI-E slots, and a s754 CPU goes in a s754 socket.

How is he building his first PC if he has built them several years ago?

well, last time he wasn't really building it building, he was just upgrading a couple parts. He had told me his horror story about how his mother board wasn't too friendly with his ram.

Lol, he probably put the wrong kind in, and it wouldnt hit so he probably tried the ol' hammer method. ;)

.......and your friend is retarted [/B][/QUOTE]
lol thats the funniest thing ive herd in ages

btw im getting a mobo and it says this about the RAM: Superior Dual channel DDR400 Architecture

im getting Corsair 1GB DDR Value select PC3200 CAS3.0
what the **** does that mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom