rate my comp build

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffK91

In Runtime
hey all, i've been searching for parts to build my computer and this is what i ended up with in my shopping cart, just need about $200 more and i can purchase it. please tell me what you think! this is for gaming purposes only such as counter-strike 1.6, world of warcraft, battlefield 2, and some photoshop and video making.

cpu
video card
mobo
hardrive
dvd burner
dvd-rom drive
powersupply
cooling fan
memory
case

everything came out to $1,329.52 including shipping and tax (sigh). so what do you guys think? feel free to make suggestions or comments!

p.s. this will be the first computer i will ever build myself.

If you aren't overclocking, you could save yourself a couple bucks by losing the Zalman HS and getting regular budget/valueRAM. Doing this will not decrease your performance at all, just limit the overclockability of your system.

Other than that, everything looks really good. It looks like someone made use of the search button of the forum ;)

At first overclocking wasn't much of an interest to me but the more I hear about it the more I'm interested in it. I'm just a bit skeptical since I built this computer to last quite a while and I hear overclocking can decrease the lifetime of my machine.

And in response to the previous post, if dishing out the extra bucks for something that I'll really benefit to longterm, I'm all for it.

p.s. tax costed twice more then the shipping. almost $100 for tax, pffft! living in california blows ;)

if i'm not mistaken, the description for that motherboard seems a little off... i'm no expert but it seems to that that mobo doesn't support the x2. also, it doesn't say sli but it has 2 pcie slots. either i'm wrong or the description is wrong... just trying making sure u don't waste any time with that build!

Saucz said:
if i'm not mistaken, the description for that motherboard seems a little off... i'm no expert but it seems to that that mobo doesn't support the x2. also, it doesn't say sli but it has 2 pcie slots. either i'm wrong or the description is wrong... just trying making sure u don't waste any time with that build!

Can anyone confirm this? I sure hope I won't end up buying a mobo that doesn't support my cpu, thanks for the headsup!

You might need to flash the BIOS, but it isn't too hard. I know some people around these forums are using X2/dual core opterons with the DFI lanparty boards, so ill let them say if they needed to do something.

The reason it has 2 PCI-E slots is because they use the essentially the same mobo for the non-SLI and SLI mobos. They just change one little thing and you can use SLI. Having the same template saves on manufacturing costs. With 2 PCI-E ports you could also add another video card for extra monitor support, but the second video card isn't really "used," just its VGA/DVI ports.

Do you know of any quality mobos ($150 or less) with a 939 socket and can definetly handle the dual core cpu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom