java problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobo_man

In Runtime
I'm trying to uninstall Java and install it again..but there's no remove button in add/remove programs under Java. I have no idea what to do..I deleted the Java folder in Program files, but it's still on my add/remove programs list. I tried installing it but it keeps saying I have to remove the one currently installed before reinstalling. How can I remove Java when there's no button to remove?

EDIT: I also tried using an alternative uninstaller but it doesn't even show up on the list..

EDIT2: Just to let you know, I'm not talking about this spyware Java thing..(just found out)..I'm talking about the Sun Microsystems Java.

Yes, I tried that too, and I didn't find the Java uninstaller there..but when I try to install Java, it still says that it's installed on my computer.

Still says it's installed..I tried doing a system restore..but didn't work. It restored my Java folder in program files..but whenever I try to start something on the internet that requires Java, the internet just closes..and installation still says I have to remove current before installing.
Anyone happen to know a Java uninstall utility?

Well I undid my restoration..back to where I started..At least internet doesn't close now when I try to open something that requires Java. Just an empty box with a small red x. I have no idea what to do now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom