Problems already...

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, i'm talking about getting new ram, and i know i'm not really too sure what i'm doing, thats why i'm asking, cuz reading about this didnt really help, i'll somehow try to get bio's pictures, because i was looking all through my bio's to change the settings for my ram but i could not find it anywhere... or i could, but not what i needed

well its not that it didnt help, its just i'm at work right now, and i don't have all the time in the world to read a section on overclocking with dividers, i already had flanker send me an overclocking guide or guides, but i'll take a look at everything when i get home

by the way i was thinking of getting pc4000 ram, would this be too much or just fine???

well since i'm no longer buying a hard drive for a good while, or a cd drive for a while i would say 180 pushing the limits 200 at the very most..... that is of course for 2 gigs

PC4000 RAM would have worse timings, but you should be able to get to thhe DDR500 Speeds easily.

your Opteron has a multiplier of 10. if you get at least 250MHZ (which the RAM is designed to get at stock speeds) 10 x 250 = 2500MHZ
you can probabbly get higher than 250MHZ though

so if i'm reading correctly, i have to lower my ram speed to higher my fsb??? so getting faster ram would allow me to lower it while still being able to run at pc3200 or close to speeds i'm assuming??? so i'm guessing you get higher ram speeds to make up for the sacrifice of downclocking it? ... or am i just way off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom