AMD Dual core or Single core for gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazama

Daemon Poster
Well i heard single cores like the AMD 4000+ are faster for gaming while the dual cores like the X2 4200+ 3200+ and so fourth are stronger at desktop performances..
Has anyone had an experience with any of these CPU's?
Thanks. ;)

Since games do not yet embrace the dual core, a single core will do fine for now. But soon, games will start taking advantage of more than one core, so really, the dual core proc is more future proof.

Remember, you can get a dual core to work at single core speeds, but not the other way around.

I would prolly go with a dual core because the reality is the lowest end AMD dual core is plenty for games these days. When games do start to take advantage of dual core CPUs, the X2 series is going to be blazing

GHz will affect performance more in games with heavy AI or physics. Pretty much any AMD CPU (current ones) will be more than enough for any game.

The FX-57 has 2.6 GHZ (Correct me on that if am wrong) and the Pentium ED has roughly 3.8 GHz and i thought the FX series were made for gaming T_T

yea AMD's chip architeture and design is more effiecient than Intel. a 1.8GHZ sempron is comparable to a 3.2GHZ Intrel P4

Nice... watta i say :p

AMD
------------------
| Intel |
| |
AMD | Inside | AMD
| |
------------------
AMD Domanation outside!

HeHe :D

EDIT: Woops darn. It was suppose to look like a box and it said intel inside and amd all around and under it said AMD Domanton! ... well that says it all i can't draw asici :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom