blue screen of death

Status
Not open for further replies.
boot from the windows cd and do a quick format (or a full if you want to wait).

cant get that far

i see logo screen

then Verifying DMI Pool Data .......

then

Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
<Window root>\system32\hal.dll
Please re-install a copy of the above file.

Put the CDROM before the hard drive in the boot priority, or just remove the hard drive from the boot list temporarily.

FINALLY!!!!
switched the ram to slots 2 and 4 instead of 1 and 3....and it boots up like it's a piece of heaven....wtf? all because of slots 1 and 3 !!!!!!
beware DFI LanParty "Expert" UT SLI-DR

Slots 1 & 3 are good for BH-5 RAM, 2 & 4 are good for TCCD and everything else. I thought it only applied when overclocking, guess not! Good job, make sure you update the BIOS.

dang i just ordered that mobo yesterday i hope i dont have the same problems. does it work good otherwise? also does it look good under UV light? lol

heh, actually, i'm not even using UV...bought it because it was most recommended. has a ton of options in the bios...never seen so many. i've only built a few computers tho...never one with such high quality parts....in fact, first time i'd seen one of these new pcie cards....omg they are huge. like 8 - 9 inches long. but i doubt you'll have problems....or if you do, it will be something minor....like the memory channels....spent thursday/friday evenings, and half of today working on that **** thing....only to find out it was that...ah well, my newbness shines through :D
i must say it runs sooooo friggin fast. never seen a comp boot up and into windows so quickly....cant wait till monday so i can play a game on it. (no broadband at home, so i keep it at work, till i move anyway....2 weeks i hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom