why does the win98 start-up floppy load 3 CD-ROM device ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafLeaves

Baseband Member
the windows 98 startup floppy disk,at the "config.sys" file,load the 3 CD-ROM device .for example,"device=Oakcdrom.sys"and"device=Btcdrom.sys" and etc.
as a matter of fact,i have a test about this. only one CD-ROM .sys file is enough.and then at the file"autoexec.bat" run the command "Mscdex.exe /d:001" at last.Installing the cd-rom work is ok.
But in the microsoft windows 98 startup floppy disk ,why does it load three cd-rom .sys file???
who could tell me???
have a heart.give me some help and some advice .
some suggestions.

thanks at the advance

maybe there is something wrong with the disk or you have some hardware it cannot correctly detect. make a bootable disk at www.bootdisk.com and use it in place of that win98 startup disk.

Easy

Let me send you mine in zip form.extract it to a floppy.
You should not be involved with Autoexec.bat or config.sys.
Just cd support,yes or no.
:)

ekÆsine:thanks a million.i havent ever know this cool website before.there are some regret.before,when i need a bootdisk ,i am always to find a natural computer.And use the computer system to make the system bootable disk.i feel that it is tired and stupid and i am sillly.From today,i know such a cool website to make bootable disk,haha,everything will be ok and easy.NOt to go everywhere to using my friend computer.

the friends above help me quite a little.
m3z,you give me the website address is benefit for me.I love the examples about the files autoexec.bat and config.sys

my friend,bluto:where can i get your zip form file.I have searched for it in my mailbox.there is nothing in that.My mailbox is "chenyuanjing2002@yahoo.com.cn ".i am looking forward to geting your e-mail for me.thanks a lot.

LeafLeaves said:
my friend,bluto:where can i get your zip form file.I have searched for it in my mailbox.there is nothing in that.My mailbox is "chenyuanjing2002@yahoo.com.cn ".i am looking forward to geting your e-mail for me.thanks a lot.

I was waiting for an email from you to see if you were interested.
Have you solved this as stated above ?
Also if you can get to Safe Mode than make one there,using
Add/Remove in the control Panel.
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom