Gaming Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
512 + 512 = 1 gig Run dual channel and itll rocks. Basically the more RAM you have the better the performance of your pc. It allows space to be used from RAM, rather than you HD. Say you want to play games and listen to music, well you will have to have alot of RAM to do that. That's why dual channel is so nice, you can through 2 channels, rather than the standard one.

Don't get the GeForce FX 5200 if you want to play Half-life 2 and Doom 3. Get the Radeon 9800 or better. Also, like everybody else says, go with PC3200, not PC2100

didi said:
AMD CPU

At least 512 MB ram

High end graphic card
Agree!
My computer has 640M DDR Ram, and P4 1.8A, Geforce 4 SX VGA.

It is very comfortable!

You can barely do much of anything with your present setup.
The Dell Demension 2400 takes the PC2700 module.
Get a couple of 512MB DDR PC2700 modules to bring it to the max of 1GB. Something bothers me about Gig Modules.
As for the video card ... Get the Radeon 9800 XT

As for the difference between 512MB and 1GB DDR
Even with 512MB some things will still end up in virtual memory.
You don't want things to go there.
Some things are actually speed dependent on how much DDR you have and adjust themselves to what you have onboard.

Don't forget the monitor and the HD in all of this.

Hey .. I am slow ...
I just found some chips for someone with the same setup. For her needs 1GB would be stretching it but the paltry memory that it came with needs to be improved even if your playing simple games.
Most of the video cards that come with "Steal" main memory.
Me friend won't be upgrading her graphics ... so

yeah i got the computer almost a year ago.
AMD 64 2800+
Foxxconn motherboard
1.5gb PC3200 RAM
120gb SATA 7200rpm harddrive
Nvidia GeForce 6600GT 128mb
54x cd read and then 52x burning
8x dvd burner
21" CRT monitor

No good

spartanM19SSM said:
Is this RAM card good :512mb DDR PC2700 333mhz
And is this Graphics card good:GPU NVIDIA® GeForce™ FX 5200 256mb

That's no good. IF your into gaming (And look into the light theres way more games that's better than halo nowadays) Atleast get a computer $2000+ AUD. Also DELL's suck.

IF you want your computer to last long go for a nVida 7800 GT and a Dual core CPU ($500+ AUD) get atleast 1GB of mermory and get 2x hard drives. Oh and get a fast monitor going to cost you $1000AUD pricey but worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom