OCING amd athlon 3000+

Status
Not open for further replies.
reggie_da_man said:
You probably will get a few more fps in most games though.

u have the 3000+ yourself but yet your KIND OF not really but bashing the 3000+, why? yours is at 2.7, i think thats amazing, im really happy with juss 2.4. i mean if u think thers a huge chance ill get my 3000+ to 2.4 wit value im good.

I'm not bashing it at all, I love my CPU, I'm able to get it even higher, but the reason I got it is because I'm going to be getting pc-4000 ram, so I won't have to run a divider.

ohh, i heard about memory dividers(yes ima noob on ocing, i never done it b4), from what i know they make my ram slower and cpu faster, but wut if i dont use dividers with the value ram, how far will my 3000+ go? im guessing 2.1? 2.2? AND how much slower will my ram be? or i wont notice the difference.

If you find the sweet spot, you can have your ram operating at 200mhz, which is the normal full speed, and then have your CPU overclocked. Yup, if you get the 3000+ and run your HTT at 266, you'll have your CPU @ 2.25ghz, and your ram will run at 200mhz. er, wait... that's not right...

Ryan

icic alright thanks everyone... my final decision is im going to go with the 3200+, i guess ill have to save up another 20 b4 i get my headset ahah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom