Win XP antivirus update leads to system problems!???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had this same problem. Alot of stuff stoped working. I never heard anything after it was released about any fix's. I think the update dissalowed some sort of file to run a certain way because hackers could use the method to do some damage on your pc.

Crath said:
I had this same problem. Alot of stuff stoped working. I never heard anything after it was released about any fix's. I think the update dissalowed some sort of file to run a certain way because hackers could use the method to do some damage on your pc.

oh yes there is nothing from antivir about it. really bad.

i hope they do something abt it.

Avast 4 home is good then?!!!

and its virus definitions are updated regularly i hope.

i use Avast 4 home and it updates virus definitions automatically by itself.

Avast 4 home is the best free antivirus and it doesn't take alot of memory.

Avast! Home Edition is the best free AV. Much better protection than NAV or Mcafee. Doesent use nearly as many resources.

I've used avast for several years. I have NEVER had a problem with it. In FACT, I have convinced several people to trash Norton and McAfee in favor of avast.

It auto updates, the licence is free if you register, (which is also free), it is FULL FEATURED. This is not shareware garbage!

It does require the user to be a "home" and "non-commercial" user. Otherwise, they have avast pro. Which is even better then avast 4 home, which IMO blows the rest away.

They don't win 100% Detection awards for nothing!:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom