HairyIguana

Solid State Member
Ok Here is the deal

I have just put together my new computer,

AsRock motherboard
Athlon 64 3200 processor
ati x1600 512

I have read all of the threads about the similar problem but no results

I am powering up the pc and everything sounds like it is working but i am getting nothing on the screen. I have tried a different graphics card and that didnt work either. i have reset the cmos nothing.

at this point i only have the graphics card the processor and the memory connected up but still no signal to the screen

Can anyone help please????

Verify the monitor connector does not have bent/broken pins.
Remove & reseat memory & video card... carefully
Verify your Cpu is powered up, if it needs a seperate 12v. power plug.
Do you hear any "Beeps" when trying to POST ?

ok well the monitor can be ruled out as i have tried my monitor on another pc it was fine. and also another monitor on my pc same results.
the 12v connector is attatched.
there are no beeps at all, however I do get beeps if I try booting without the memory installed.
How do I check if my CPU is powered up?

Cpu power...... Just wanted to verify you had the power plug connected.
Memory beeps..... that means the POST got as far as your memory.
* Re-install your memory and 'Remove' your Video card!
What is the beep code?
Include your exact memory& PSU .

so in between posts I thought to try using another memory stick i have from an old pc this one is 256mb the one i had put in before that was 1gig however the system boots partially with the 256 stick so i figure the new 1gig is DOA.
My problem now is at the loading screen it tells me the bios details, then the processor details, then 256MB OK
then as it should move into the next screen nothing happens the keyboard freezes up and i get 0075 in the bottom right corner of the screen any ideas??

OK............ Good. While you didn't get a beep code with the bad memory..... who knows!
Is your Hdd formatted and partioned ?
Do you have an OS to install?

my HDD isnt formatted but its not letting me get as far as that, it doesnt even reach the stage where i can enter the BIOS.

Ok........ I understand that. I was going to ask you to try to go into your BIOS/CMOS to set the 'Boot order"......
Sometimes your HDD is already formatted, then you have to partion it.
Do you know how to do that?
* If you do....... hit the 'DEL' key several times.... Immediately after you power-up. You will get a Big Blue Screen to set your BIOS settings..... etc.
See if you can enter your CMOS/BIOS ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom