Help with Bluescreens and such

Status
Not open for further replies.

kez350

Beta member
Around December time, my computer froze and went on to bluescreen,when I restarted I was presented with errors that my windows installation was corrupted, some times the errors would stay the same when I would restart other times they would change. The most common errors were: < Windows root>\system32\ntoskrnl.exe appears to be missing or corrupt. And also that the hal.dll file is missing or corrupt. I decided to reformat and reinstall windows, this was to no avail, within 3-4 days the bluescreens had come back, and again there were errors on restart. If I left my computer alone until the next day it would start up the next day, but a few hours into usage it would again blue screen on me. I decided to replace the harddrive,I swapped my 160GB drive for a 40GB drive this appeared to fix the problem.Untill a month later when I came to turn on my computer I was presented with the <Windows root>\system32\ntoskrnl.exe is missing or corrupted error again. I took my computer to a repair worker and he ran some tests saying that my RAM, Harddrive and CPU were fine, the only errors he could find were with Page files of which he recreated. The computer ran fine for about two weeks.Untill this morning when it bluescreened about an hour into using it,i did a repair install of windows and it is working fine at the moment.But,as from previous experience complete reninstalls and repair installs of windows do not fix the problems.Through all of the errors and problems before i took my computer to the repair worker there was a clicking noise which would get louder after printing etc.It would occur about 20 minutes into use.When my computer came back from the repair person,the clicking noise had gone,well it occured twice.At the moment there is no clicking noise.Do you have any ideas as to what is wrong? Many thanks.

Its sounds like its the hard drive which is strange since you already replaced it.

Another possibility is the motherboard. It may have problems with the southbridge chip which is causing errors when using the hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom