New video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

gman0526

Beta member
I just bought a new 6200 Nvidia PNY Tech card, it says AGP 8x card. I installed it and when I turned on the comp. not even the BIOS would start. I unplugged it and went into my BIOS and it goes up to 4x AGP. Is this what's not allowing me to use the card at all? If so, is there a fix short of having to exchange the card?

Thanks in advance for your help.

That's what I was thinking. It just stroke me odd that only the fans would turn on and not even BIOS would start at all, not even minimal HD activity.

Well... I went and exchanged the video card today. Came home installed it, plugged the power on the card and the comp., press the power button..... nothing friggin' happens again. No hard drive activity, no BIOS, the monitor won't even blink..... Motherboard is a P4VMM2, pent 4 processor, 512MB (Iknow I need to upgrade :D ) Any ideas what might be wrong or what I could do to make this work?

PD. turtile thanks for your help

Your description makes it sound like you are having either PSU or motherboard issues. What card did you have in before buying the new one? Make sure no wires were knocked loose.

"Additional System Requirements 300W system power supply; AGP 2.0" from the video cards website. Do you have a 300w psu? i also looked at the manual for you mb and it said it had 4x agp support but I could find no information about support for agp 2.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom