7800GT vs 1800XL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJBUDDY

Baseband Member
Which card is better and which one will show me better performance over my current 6800GT?

Wait till mid march if you're thinking about upgrading. I know for a fact that the 6800GT you have is a very, very nice card. The prices are probably going to drop pretty dramatically on the 7800GT's. That'll be your time to buy.

Ryan

Why would the x1800 XT be outperforming the 7800 GTX in any game with any settings?

And i personally have a x1800 xl and it plays everything right now at max or close to max. I have F.E.A.R set at max and plays completely smooth. However the 7800 GT is a great card i've heard about on here and read. So i would go for whichever one is cheaper.

Wait till march to buy the 7800GT after the price drop or even better yet, get a 7900GT which will be Oblivion and UT2007 ready! This means you won't have to upgrade again so soon if you want to play max settings.

I think in most cases the 7800GT gets a few FPS over the X1800XL but I believe the X1800XL will deliver better image quality. Your tradeoff and choice. Both are pretty much the same price now.

d0ntcar3 said:
Why would the x1800 XT be outperforming the 7800 GTX in any game with any settings?

And i personally have a x1800 xl and it plays everything right now at max or close to max. I have F.E.A.R set at max and plays completely smooth. However the 7800 GT is a great card i've heard about on here and read. So i would go for whichever one is cheaper.

BS When I had a single 7800gtx 512 and I couldnt play FEAR on max settings perfect.My CPU handles my cards perfectly also.But whatever.Your 6800 should be just good enough but go with the
7800gt.OR just wait a little for the 8 series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom