just ordered ati x800xt all-in-wonder what do you think of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

awsman892

Baseband Member
just ordered ati x800xt all-in-wonder what do you think of it? I read a lot of reviews and they seem prity good and yes i did also order the fan for it so it doesnt overheat.

Not a very good idea buying an X800XT all-in-wonder cause its cheaper to just buy a X800Xt alone and the leadtek tv tuner. So when your card goes out of dat you'll have to buy a TV tuner with a new card cause you cant just keep the TV tuner from the X800XT. plus the X800Xt i a good card but only supports Shader model 2 so i hope you didnt exepect to play UT2007 (i dont think an X800XT could run unreal engine 3 but im not the fimilar with ATI). I dont know why ATI thought it would be a good idea to put a TV tuner on a Video card, cuase i think its stupid. its cheaper to buy seperate TV tuner.

so Its still a pretty good card with 16 pipes and clocked about average these days but you probably overpaid and no shader model 3 support.

You should have got a GTO2 and OC'ed it to get better than X850XTPE speeds but i suppose its too late. The ATI cards support pixel shader 2.0b and theres not a lot of difference. The all in wonders a Ok card although i've had no experience with it my self. You will be able to play UT 2007 cause no self respecting games company is going to limit the people able to play there games. I mean considering that only the latest Nvida cards support pixel shader 3.0 its not really a good choice as the majority will have pixel shader 2.0 or below. Oh and for the cooler you should get an Arctic ATI Silencer. There great. V V Silent and V V good performence. Perhaps not the best but VV good performence and considering how quite it is it's deffinatly the best. But if you've already got a different cooler then never mind ;)

You wasted your money. You should have at least gotten an X1800XL at the minimum. All of the X800 cards are outdated pieces of crap, and you won't be playing Oblivion or UT2007 (well maybe you will if they put a DX8 fallback mode which I heard they might), but it wont look pretty. The X800XT is okay for the casual gamer though, and can easily play the games of 2004 and 2005 at a 1024x768 resolution.

Beedubya you highly underestermate the X800 series. Give me some proof that the whole of the X800 series is bad. Yes a few but the GTO2 owns the budget gamer market. So give me proof and i'll belive you :p

kahlos said:
Beedubya you highly underestermate the X800 series. Give me some proof that the whole of the X800 series is bad. Yes a few but the GTO2 owns the budget gamer market. So give me proof and i'll belive you :p

The whole of the X800 series is terrible. Im glad some people are happy with them, but the core cards in the X800 family (X800XT/PE, X800 Pro, X850 Pro, X850XTPE, X800GT) are utter crap.

The X800XT was actually a good deal when it came out, back in June 2004. It was faster than the 6800 Ultra, and although it lacked shader model 3, no game used SM3 back then. The X800XT was also very well priced.

The X800 Pro was a different story, and IMO it was the worst card to ever be released for the price, being priced in range with the 6800GT but raped by Nvidia's mid-range offering, the 6600GT. If anybody remembers the GeForce FX 5800, the X800 Pro was a very similar product on ATI's side, totally disgusting.

The X850 Pro was just an overclocked X800 Pro although it did have greater unlocking capabilities. Many people rave about the X850XT, but by the time it came, it was too late and games were already using Shader Model 3. Plus, the card was $900 upon release, and looked like complete crap in Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, which had to run in DX 8.1 mode instead of DX9 because of the SM3 problem.

Today, the X800 series should rest in peace like the GeForce FX series. It is also way overpriced for what you get compared to newer ATI and Nvidia offerings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom