remove driver fragments using hijack this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blo

Baseband Member
Hi there !
I've got an Apollo P2100U Printer (Hardware actually made by HP) - It's always been a bugger to install. Not-only because of the instructions not being right in the manual, or because the user has to change the Regional+Language Options/Regional Options tab to English (United States) whilst installing the drivers... But also because: If you disconnec, swap, or unplug the USB cable while it's powered-up, it has the bad habit of not printing, and re-detecting the device as if it's a new printer!
So... Just uninstall, then re-install again and everything will be OK again, i hear you say... Well 'NO', that hasn't worked, (When uninstalling, i get the message: File required to uninstall the driver is missing)...
There's no uninstall files in the Prog Files/Apollo folder either...
I've tried removing it manually and deleteing parts of the registry branch of:
H/KEY Local Machine/Software/Hewlette Packard - And although the Add/Remove Programs Entry had gone - Reinstalling the apollo didn't work, so i had to restore registry and files etc.
Anyway... I was wondering whether i could remove the drivers using HijackThis?
Would this be OK!
Cheers Blo.

A don't think isn't a NO - So... Can anyone else tell me otherwise please... I want to hear YES...
Or a free + VERY small program which would remove it... I just got rid of WinCleaner1Click after having it for ages, which would have removed it...
Anyone?

Unfortunately CCLEANER can't do it being as it's POST INSTALL...
Can anyone tell me the manual removal method please.
Cheers.

your drivers are located in windows/system 32/drivers. if you know the name of the driver file you can manualy delete it. but don't guess, KNOW wich one(s)

Thanks for that - Greatly appreciated...
Are there any other folders that might contain files... Local Settings etc
Thanks again. Blo.

Blo said:
Thanks for that - Greatly appreciated...
Are there any other folders that might contain files... Local Settings etc
Thanks again. Blo.
install folders for programs and some drivers are located in windows/system 32 but chances are you already got them if you did a manual delete. you might want to check in "program files" for folders. a usefull tool is JV 16, a registry cleaner. (freeware)

At last... I've used 4 different forums, and got a good many replies concerning manuall removal... Congratulations - You are the 1st to answer!
Thanks for that.
All the best. Blo.

Blo said:
At last... I've used 4 different forums, and got a good many replies concerning manuall removal... Congratulations - You are the 1st to answer!
Thanks for that.
All the best. Blo.
:eek: thanks for the complement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom