Partitions = Slower?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BennyV04988

Fully Optimized
So I was wondering how I might split up a 320GB RAID-0 HDD setup. Here's my game plan....

20GB for Windows XP in it's infinite crappiness +programs (AHH I hate their BS system of my documents and program files. its all annoying!)

100GB for Games...(Yes I own them ALL ( GTA's,Valves,D3,AOE3,SCCT, FEAR,CODs,NFSUs,FarCry,Kotors,DFs,C&Cs)

200GB for Storage and "MY" documents(No registy entries) (Movies,Music,videos,pictures,audio books,install bundles,etc)

Is all of this a good or bad idea? I mean do partitions work faster or slower? Do they do anything? Do they work slower when they have to interact but faster when only dealing within a partition?

I simply like the idea of opening my "D drive" and having it only be filled with games and my "e drive" nothing but files (no installed apps) with windows and programs in their own little world not F'n everything up with their stupid autocrap and preset locations etc etc etc. :mad: To be honest, any window users' "C:\Documents and Settings\your name\" folder is probably the worst layed out folder on your entire computer. I mean to have to access that daily with kind of setup?! what garbage. how i looath thee...

100GB for Games...(Yes I own them ALL ( GTA's,Valves,D3,AOE3,SCCT, FEAR,CODs,NFSUs,FarCry,Kotors,DFs,C&Cs)

Where is BF2 and UT2K4 :p

Partitioning is a good way of keeping things under control if you ever want to format. It also lets you keep backups easily and safely as well as it can prevent fragmentation.

Partitioning wouldnt slow down your machine by much, if anything at all.

schulz269 said:
The no-ad is weird cause u go to newegg and look at the side and theres an advertisement for AMD which its not on tv but it is on the internet usually on one of those combo deals
Huh? Wrong post?

No dont think partions work slower. If they do not by much

i dont have bf2 yet...*sigh* but do hav e ut04! i forgot that one...lol

So i think i like this plan....windows and progs - games- storage NICE!

waynejkruse10 said:
yep, and no worry of backing up your data when you format.

because you'd only be wiping a small part w/o interupting the other partitions you mean?

Of course, the whole point of a Doomsday Machine is lost, if you keep it a secret! Why didn't you tell the world, EH?

If you ever find out that you dont have enough room on a partition, get partition magic and change the size. Ive got 2 partitions on mine and i dont have any speed issues, dont worry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom