Should i get a 6200 PCI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrZucchiniHead

Daemon Poster
Yeah almost everyone here know i still have a dell with only PCI slots so i wont tell the whole story. i have a Fx5500 and want to know how much of a performance jump i would get if i upgraded to the 6200 PCI. the noly reason im asking this is because im not sure how well a Fx5500 will run oblivion and i Pre-ordered and want to play it when it first arrives. i might upgrade my CPU too its only a 1.8ghz P4 wo/ht but ill ask that a different time when i have the cash.

Well if I were you I would build a whole new system. Save up some money, It's about time you get a new one.

Yeah my parents are giving me the money i need for that in about 3 or 4 months so i just need to Know weather or not to do this little upgrade now or nothing at all and i want to give my brother (he's not a gamer) a good PC when he gets this and my dad gets a new laptop.

Well, if you can do it, why not. but if it were my computer, i'd save up and build an entirely new system.

eh, you're not going to see much of a performance increase going from the FX5500 to a 6200. I don't think it's worth the money at all.

Ryan

Kitire said:
Your computer won't play Oblivion.
\

within the next month im upgrading the RAM, CPU, and maybe video so it will run oblivion my new specs would be

intel P4 wo/ht 2.4 or 2.8ghz
1 or 1.5gigs of RAM
and maybe a 6200 PCI in not sure yet.

Why are you spending more money on the dell when you're going to be building a whole new one in a few months? Is that so you can a have a decent "secondary" gaming pc for your brother or???

Yeah putting money into a PC, no wait, a dell with only PCI slots is like using money to make paper mache.

MMMmmm I dunno how much of a gain you'd get. I have a 6200 AGP in here right now and it played Quake IV on medium pretty well. Provided I'm running a sempron at 1.8ghz (3100 speeds). This is a temporary rig, and I didn't have a video card, let alone one that could play games. But if yours can play games ok, there's no reason at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom