overclocking FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a question people how do you see how much better your processor actually performs once your done overclocking i no you can look at the gigahertz but is there a test or something to check system performance

Test with either SuperPI (i think?) or you can run a 3dmark test and see the improvement on the cpu score. Theres prolly many other ways but i dont know them.

My personal favorite test......... GAME!!

Play 3 or 4 of your favorite games at max settings before OCing, then set your system to you previously determined optimum OC and play the 3 or 4 games again and look closely for differences. I am extremely picky so OCing makes a HUGE difference for me in how gameplay feels. That added to needing enough ram :D

But as the others have said, use 3dmark03, 05, and 06 and also use SuperPi if you are interested in seeing benchmark differences.

SuperPi is generally the best way of determining any gains your overclock may have achieved...it is also extremely useful when tweaking memory latencies and figuring out whether you want to loosen some timings to get higher speeds or tighten them up with lower frequencies

I have an idea, someone should make a list of all the good computer manufacturers so that people who are too scared or too lazy to build their own computer can still get something good that won't have all the locked crap like dell/gateway/etc.

Monarch computers for example. I am busy at the moment so if someone else could compile a list of good computer manufacturers and post it here to be added to the faq i would appreciate it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom