x2 3800+ overclocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya i have a divider on my memory i dotn really notice performance drop in games i doa little but not too much. But im gonna drop it to stock for my lanparty later for best performance

im going to be lazy and ask

what was that program to monitor the cpu temp?

because i cant see how if you reboot your computer the temp can be the same as if you currently using it.. the temp should change.. am i right?

there are lots of temp monitoring programs. what motherboard do you have because there are motherboard specific montioring programs. e.g DFI have ITE Smart Guardian. there are generic programs that give temp readouts like Everest, Speedfan, CBID (for AMD), CPU-Z. the only trouble is that most of these can be pretty inaccurate. measure your idle temps in BIOS and windows so that you can get an approximate idea of how much the windows temp monitor differs from the BIOS monitor. that way you can estimate the real temp.

*shrugs* i'm just as confused as you. i was just thinking to myself, the FX-60 is fairly similar to a toledo at 2.6ghz right? therefore if i hit 2.7ghz i should be able to rival it :D. on a slightly different topic i was messing around with a 266mhz celeron and got 400mhz+ out of it. one of the lucky ones with the unlocked FSB :D switches straight to 100mhz FSB without having to use that old trick. went from about 15 minutes on 1M in superpi to 10 minutes flat. you gotta admit those things had a wonderful tolerance for overclocking, i mean that's a 50% OC on the stock cooling and i'm sure you've seen how wimpy the cooling on the slot1 celerons is.

I was trying to say in a short way dont think that you will lose alot of performance by not OCing your memory. I use a divider cause my Valueselect cant OC much and i run them at 2-2-2-5 timings and its almost unnpoticeable compared to OCing the ram w/ loose timings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom