Another Stop Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

mastercheif1231

Baseband Member
Hello all!!! No problems here...yea right i wish. I have recently built my new computer and it has been restarting at random times because of a "unknown device driver". One of the times it restarted was when I was playing a game on the internet and boom it restarts and then pops up the error report saying that is has recoverd from a serious error. When i sent the error report to microsoft this is what came back:

Error caused by a device driver

Thank you for sending an error report to Microsoft.

Error report summary

Error type : Windows stop error (A message appears on a blue screen with error code information)
Solution available? : No (see Next steps)
What does this error mean? : Windows has encountered an error from which it cannot recover and needs to restart
Cause : Unknown device driver
Computer symptoms : A message appears on a blue screen with error code information (for example: e.g. 0x0000001E, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED)
Additional steps for you to take : Important: Please continue to send error reports so analysts at Microsoft can study and try to correct the problem as quickly as possible

Information about this error

You received this message because a device driver installed on your computer caused the Windows operating system to stop unexpectedly. This type of error is referred to as a "stop error." A stop error requires you to restart your computer.

I was thinking I had some bad drivers for my graphics cards since they are from different manufacturers in SLI mode, but i re-downloadedand installed new ones after i uninstalled the old ones. Well...as you can probably tell my computer is still restarting randomly. Now if anyone knows anything about this, could u please help me. Thank you!!!

First boot into Safe Mode, run the PC for a bit and see if the problem persists. If it does not, then that will narrow down which driver could be causing the problem. If it does persisit, chec the Windows Event Log, that should poiint you towards the device causing the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom